Sunday, May 3, 2015

Palak Cheese Paratha

Parathas are always yummy and excites me. I am sure it excites everyone, some cold yogurt melting butter on top of hot paratha, one bite oh my! Heavenly - I just roll it few bites one paratha is over, I can;t wait for curd or achar.

Palak / Spinach lovers go ahead and try this. Feed this to all who dislike eating palak as side dish. Nobody would complain.

This is slightly different from our regular stuffed paratha. As the main ingredient palak is mixed with the dough. Let's get into the recipe, it's not at all complicated like the other paratha.



Preparing the Palak paste:
Heat water in a large vessel. Blanch the Palak for no longer than a min. I did for around 30 sec. Remove and let it cool down a bit. We need to blend this to a nice fine paste. In a mixie jar add couple of green chilies or as needed, salt and the palak as whole and blend well with little water if required.
  1. Add this paste to atta and make soft dough. Let is rest for 15 - 30 minutes.
  2. Roll chapatis and grate cheese on top as shown in the picture. Sprinkle Ajwain (carom seeds). This is optional, good for stomach. I add ajwain in all my parathas.
  3. Make folding as in picture, and roll them. You can make this and keep for as many parathas you need to prepare.
  4. Roll out all these to thin parathas 
  5. Cook it on hto tawa spreading oil or ghee on both sides till the brown spots form.


Enjoy these parathas with butter or achar or curd.


No comments:

Post a Comment