Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Oven Baked Potato Wedges with Cheese and Herbs


Now who would not love some potato wedges, except for the ones on diet. I love french fries from McDonalds and Potato Wedges from KFC. Every time I visit one of these fast food restaurants I do not miss a regular in my order.

Baking is recently been added to my culinary skills and I am a newbie in this area as I am still exploring and experimenting.

I tried baking cauliflower, potato cubes, broccoli and the outcome was different with each of these vegetables based on the spices I used. I am going to try the above dishes once again with different temperate and cooking time. But Potato wedges came out so well. I have the list of ingredients I used to season but you are free to experiment with what you have in your kitchen counter.


Ingredients:

  1. Potatoes long medium size - 2
  2. olive oil - 2 tbl spn
  3. Maida (all purpose flour) - 3 tbl spn
  4. Corn Starch - 1 tb spn (optional)
  5. Parmesan Cheese - 3 - 4 tb.spn
  6. Chili powder - 2 t.spn
  7. Pepper powder - 1/2 t.spn
  8. Garlic powder - 1 t.spn
  9. Onion Powder - 1 t.spn (optional)
  10. Dry herbs (Parsley, Rosemary, basil) - 1 tb.spn
  11. Salt to taste
  12. Fresh herbs (Parsely, Rosemary, basil) - finally chopped.

Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 200°C
  2. Wash and clean potatoes to remove dirt, as we would cook with skin. Scrape any dirt if found. Cut the potatoes length wise like wedges and place in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add the oil to the cut potatoes and mix well so that the potatoes get coated with the oil.
  4. In another bowl mix ingredients listed under 3 to 11 and mix well.
  5. Add these mixed seasoning to the oil coated potatoes and toss well, you may also use your hand to mix.
  6. In a baking tray lined with parchment or aluminum foil, arrange the potatoes with the skin part facing down.
  7. Sprinkle the fresh herbs on top and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until it's crispy from outside and soft inside.
Note:

  • You can arrange potatoes in circle or row depending on the kind of tray you have. I have arranged them closely yet got it cooked. I had to turn some potatoes facing down in between.
  • I used only 2 basil leaves with couple of tiny sprigs of rosemary and parsley each.
  • You may use Parmesan / Mozzarella or any other cheese you have. Even powdered cheese work
  • Now the baking time, I got mine done at 35 minutes in convection. Keep checking after 25 minutes and increase the time as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment