Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mango Almond / Mango Badam Smoothie

This is my second addition to the smoothie catalog following Banana Ice Cream Smoothie. Mango is abundantly found during summers in India, and it's already available in the shops. So many varieties. Sorry I forgot the name of the mango I got, it was huge pulpy with pale yellow color. One mango made two large servings of smoothie.

To make this dish more interesting I added 50 gms of Almonds to this. No yogurt and no Ice cream here. My blender wouldn;t blend the almonds completely but it remains as it is atleast some of them. I cannot just throw in a handful of almonds. I tried to sliced them same result, with few were broken down. If you like to bite while drinking this would be good.

I blended whole almonds in a small jar, it all became nice coarse powder. I simply added this while making smoothie. Yummy and thick.

Ingredients:

Mango slices of your choice
Almonds - 50 gms.
Sugar to taste
Ice cubes and milk as needed

Blend well and serve chilled. Makes an excellent breakfast and you can even take to office and toss in the refrigerator. You can snack on them for a coffee ;)



More to add to this catalog, and explore. See you soon with another recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment