Sunday, May 3, 2015

Carrot and mixed vegetable juice - Beat the heat!

Summer is extreme this year throughout the country. You sweat profusely until you are in AC and body asks for water. There would be many out there like me, who hardly drinks water but we all know how essential drinking plenty of water is. I like to drink liquid in the form of juice. Is store brought juice like Tropicana, Real juices 100% fresh and pure Big No, also expensive.

I started blending my own fruit or veg juices each morning and lemonade to sip throughout the day. I was inspired by my school mate Premisha to explore variety of juices. This one is from her with a little change. Here is a link to her Recipe.

For two large servings of juice below are the ingredients I took.
Carrots - 2 small sliced
Cucumber - 1 deseeded and cut to pieces
Lemon - 1
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece sliced
Tomato - 1 sliced
Sugar and water as required
Chat Masala - optional
Few mint leaves - optional

Add all these in a blender, run on slow for the initial 30 secs then increase the speed. Blend until no veg pieces are found. Strain and refrigerate to serve chilled. If you veggies are cold you can serve immediately with ice cubes.






No comments:

Post a Comment